- Presenting research at BERA symposium @BERANews https://t.co/whPEL6QIr0 1 week ago
- Thanks to @Berniclown for making this photo available freely on @unsplash 🎁 unsplash.com/photos/OLLtavH… 1 week ago
- Thanks to Raquel Martínez for making this photo available freely on @unsplash 🎁 unsplash.com/photos/SQM0sS0… 1 week ago
- Thanks to @ProsoundSteve for making this photo available freely on @unsplash 🎁 unsplash.com/photos/ws21sn-… 1 week ago
- Rachel Murphy using comics to explain pros and cons of insider research #UoNSoEPGRconf2019 https://t.co/WjxcTonUvI 3 weeks ago
Author Archives: sdsdavies
read this chapter
one of the trainees used images of the pupils work to illustrate her assessment and feedback
After a little bid of work into getting enrolled – I’ve managed to start the 20 credit Research Module only 4 days late. Just spent an hour introducing myself to the class and reading there introductions.
Donald Alan Schön (1930-1997) was an influential thinker in developing the theory and practice of reflective professional learning in the twentieth century. American and influenced by Dewey. Schön’s seminal 1983 book, The Reflective Practitioner – technical knowledge over artestry … Continue reading
Wood, Eric & Geddis, Arthur.N. 1998. Self-conscious narrative and teacher education: representing practice in professional course work. Published in Teaching and Teacher Education 15 (1999) p107-119. What the literature said in 1997 about teacher education. This article was written in … Continue reading
I’m a teacher educator – or am I? I work within the school of education (SOE), in a post 1992 university and my job title is: senior lecturer in Secondary Teacher Education. So I guess this makes me an educator … Continue reading
Effective teachers Know what their talking about Are confident and willing to take risks Respect the pupils ability Have high emotional intelligence Create trust in the classroom Create the right environment for learning Understand what they are there to do
Thought I’d capture my thoughts on the how the mentor meeting went this May. In the past I have left Andy and Alan to run this session – so it was the first time I engaged with the content. The … Continue reading
I want to see if I can use write and cite within the blog.