- RT @jeffbuckley92: Very pleased to have today taken the role of Associate Editor for the International Journal of Technology & Design Educa… 1 week ago
- RT @compoundchem: It's the #euro2020 final this evening! Here's a look at the materials science behind the ball ( compoundchem.com/2014/06/12/the…) a… 1 week ago
- RT @ldpressbooks: Delighted to report that the eBook of our new publication edited by @hardy_alison and Eddie Norman is now available: http… 1 week ago
- RT @hardy_alison: Book Launch - Redesigning D&T… Talking… Thinking You will hear from Alison Hardy, Eddie Norman & David Spendlove. opportu… 1 month ago
- RT @dtte_group: Read our latest blogpost on the D&T Teacher Education Blog, by @brath52 (@FoodTCentre), focusing on the importance of food… 1 month ago
Author Archives: sdsdavies
Student-Centred Activities for Large Enrolment Undergraduate Programmes (SCALE-UP) is a new pedagogy developed by Robert Beichner at North Carolina State University. The philosophy behind SCALE-UP is based on pedagogies which are designed to support students with the active engagement of their own learning. Beichner (2008, p.61) identifies how studio/workshop classes (often small scale) allow for … Continue reading
I am going to be using this blog to discuss the SCALE-UP project that I am involved with at NTU. The SCALE-UP project has come from R Beichner and is based on work from MIT.
Alison has set up a google map page to view D&T schools. http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en&mpa=0&ctz=-60&mpf=0&vps=78&jsv=373i&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=215267467062172069939.0004afa6c6626ef5aaac6
Spherical flying machine
Video clips username: reviewer password: 4excelsior53 (valid to the end of May) http://ediv.alexanderstreet.com/
read this chapter
one of the trainees used images of the pupils work to illustrate her assessment and feedback
After a little bid of work into getting enrolled – I’ve managed to start the 20 credit Research Module only 4 days late. Just spent an hour introducing myself to the class and reading there introductions.
Donald Alan Schön (1930-1997) was an influential thinker in developing the theory and practice of reflective professional learning in the twentieth century. American and influenced by Dewey. Schön’s seminal 1983 book, The Reflective Practitioner – technical knowledge over artestry … Continue reading
Wood, Eric & Geddis, Arthur.N. 1998. Self-conscious narrative and teacher education: representing practice in professional course work. Published in Teaching and Teacher Education 15 (1999) p107-119. What the literature said in 1997 about teacher education. This article was written in … Continue reading